Friday, July 3, 2009

Out in the yard...



It's Show Us Where You Live Friday on Kelly's Korner day!

Today folks are sharing their garage &/or yards. Since the inside of our garage is not a happy place right now (or is it ever, actually), I'm going to share our yard instead! ;)

I LOVE having the opportunity to do this because it made me get out & take some current pictures of the outside of our house. I have a folder on my computer that has photos of the house from the beginning to now & I LOVE to go back & see how much things have changed...we have REALLY put a lot into our yard in the last two years that we have lived here!

The yard started out looking like this...



and now, three years after that photo...it looks like this...



We've been working hard! ;)
It's NOT DONE...not by a long shot...but we've got our feet on the ground, running!

Let's take a walk & I'll show you around.

This is the side of the house that we don't use all that often...this landscaping was done after the house was finished two years ago & has already started to mature...we are so, so happy with it!



Here's the pool house that we finished last summer...landscaping will get going this fall. We're putting in some trees over here & maybe putting a pretty swing on this side of the house too.



Most of the time if you come over here, you'll just see dirty kids out in my yard...like this one.... ;)



or here...



or even like these biscuits...





Here's the other side of the pool house...



The play set....that HUGE yellow flowering plant came from my granny's house after she passed away. I dug up just a small bit of it...SMALL, like one piece! It's MONSTROUS! I like to see it over here...she LOVED to get out & play with my kids...she taught Big O how to hit a ball off a tee, how to ride a bike...she was ALWAYS out playing WITH them instead of watching them play. Seeing this flower out here with them makes me so happy, because I know she's watching over my babies when they're playing.



The other side of the play set...



Down at the pond...which was small when we bought the property, but had it dug out QUITE a bit to level off our yard after the pool was finished.



The side of Daddy P's "little shed"...(aka, his Man Cave). He wanted a place to put his toys & told me when it was being built that it was just "a little shed, honey"...those workers just keep going higher & higher..."little shed", my foot! Last year we had a bit of rock left over from our fencing, so we had these columns & rock fireplace put in...we're having it covered & landscaped this fall too...





If you go up to the back porch you're going to see some action...this is where we hang out, all the time...









and here's our "Garden"...hopefully we're going to get some squash soon!!





and from up on the porch...



Whew, it's a big yard...lots & lots of work!!

Let's grab a cold drink, sit in the rocking chairs & watch the sunset...



I'm so glad you stopped by to visit!
Hanging out in the yard is our favorite thing to do out here. We love living out in the country! :)

I hope you'll visit Kelly's Korner & see all the beautiful yards & garages that are being shared over there today. I'm up & running....lots to get done before our big family trip to the BEACH!

Also, after our trip I will be cleaning out closets...I already have a HUGE box of Miss O's outgrown stuff, mercy that girl has GROWN! I'll be cleaning out little boys size 2T & girls size 7/8....LOTS of Matilda Jane goodness too! ;) Be sure & check back, I'm clearing it out!

Happy Friday!

~ mandy

10 comments:

motherof3fellows said...

Beautiful as always, You know I love your yard!! I also like that new table and chair set.

You guys have fun on your beach trip. I'll talk to you soon.

Newlywed Next Door said...

WoW! What a great house, yard, and pool! So fun for the kiddos to get to play in. :-)

Michelle said...

Amazingly beautiful... you are living in our dream house!! Great pictures and your kiddos are too cute :)

Lisa Shatzer said...

Love those pictures of the kids playing in the mud!

Bethany and 3sonsplus1 crew said...

Oh my gosh....can I come visit?? :)

Absolutely gorgeous, stunning in every way, especially the kiddos in the mud, ha ha- job well done!!

Tori said...

I love love your house!! Pretty plants just grow better where you live than in West Texas.

I wish my baby was a little bigger and we'd be all about the Matilda Jane stuff. :(

Kim Sue said...

beautiful :o) we planted some of those roses this year and they are just blooming up a storm!

Heather said...

When I grow up, I'm going to live in Mandy's house. :)

Jenn said...

sigh....gorgeous! You wouldn't mind if me and my camera moved in would you??

I want to know when you list the girly stuff!!!

take a bow Jenn

My Yard said...

Love the pictures! So beautiful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...