Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Thrifty Goodness

This past week I decided that I would try something with Sneaky E.

We BABY him...

Oh, he is the BAAAAABY, big time! I do LOVE that & want to keep him little for as long as I can because I know he's the last baby for me...but part of me feels a little guilty, like we are holding him back.

So, I let go just a little bit & put up the "Big Boy Bed" in his bedroom.



The crib is still up & is STAYING up...I just know his personality & he will do things when HE is ready for them (I found this out after being beat up for 3 months over trying to persuade him to PUT ON A PAIR OF UNDERWEAR...so just trust me here). The bed is up & ready for whenever HE decides he's ready to sleep there...it will happen.

(in the mean time I am keeping the crib up to keep him from doing that "getting up at night" thing...this way it's..."you get up & you're going back into your crib...g'night"!)

Live & learn...



Well, the big boy bed sent me on a search for a dresser or chest of drawers. This bed is an antique that was mine when I was a little stinker like E, but we have nothing that matches it. I decided to spend my money on nice bedding from Serena & Lily & get an older (aka, CHEAP) piece of furniture to paint & distress for his room...

So off to the Goodwill store I went.

Didn't find a dresser this time, but I did walk right up on this FABULOUS iron bench (the weiner dog just wandered up looking for shade...heaven forbid that spoiled animal spend five minutes out in the heat...he's such a wuss)!!



It has a fabric cushion that can EASILY be recovered (by me & my handy dandy staple gun). ;)
Judging from this sticker (you move enough in the Air Force & you'll recognize these stickers from a mile away because you've been pulling them off your stuff for years)...I would guess someone moved & didn't have room for it.



I paid $39 for it this thing & look what Emily & I noticed on the bottom when we were loading it up in the back of the car....



I was pretty excited!

Miss O has already been begging to have it painted to put in her room...it would be fetching all hot pink & some wild zebra print on the cushion! But, I was thinking that I would use it in my closet (after we get our cabinets in there) in the the middle of the room...but I'm not sure.



I'll keep you posted on that one...and the new big boy make-over for sure...I can't WAIT to get this bedding! ;)


Hope everyone has a great WEDNESDAY!

~ mandy

2 comments:

Jodee Leader said...

I hope the transition to the big boy bed goes well. Our son was a complete nightmare to move, but our daughter was easy peasy! I think every kid is different!

I love your bargain bench and I can't wait to see the big bedroom makeover too!

Heather said...

I can relate to a couple of things: Keeping that last one a baby, and that stinkin' furniture sticker! I'm sure I have things in my house still sporting some!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...