Friday, June 26, 2009

The Master Bedroom Tour...

Ok, now I'm hooked!



Last week I participated in Kelly's Korner Show Me Where You Live Friday for the first time & shared my playroom. WHAT a treat! I have visited tons of fabulous blogs & had TONS of folks visit me...I feel like I've made a bunch of new friends! You don't have to have some "showplace house" to join in...these are regular folks sharing their space....you should participate next week, the theme is Yards & Garage.(guess which one I'm choosing...*snort*). ;)

Aside from that, Kelly's blog is just a feel good place to visit...she's sugar sweet, her daughter is precious, precious & I always feel like being a better person after I have visited. She's a very inspiring christian. :)

Well, this week's theme is Master Bedrooms!

Mine is pretty barren...I haven't made it back there yet.

There's NOTHING on the walls...the big jumbo recliner made it's way back there for Daddy P to relax (& little does he know that it will be RELOCATING to this "theater room" that he's planning up...((like we need ANOTHER tv in this house))....and it will be replaced by someone slim & pretty...).

The TREADMILL is in our bedroom & where I HATE the way it looks, I LOVE to have it in there...our bedroom is on a separate air unit & it's always like a meat locker back there...mighty nice to get a sweat going where it's nice & coolish! ;) But, it shall also relocate in the future.







I was inspired by Sharae's paint when they built their new house & decided to borrow the idea for our master bedroom. She has her walls one color & the ceiling a different color...then in the master bath it's reversed....& I LOVE it! Check out her master suite...it is SO VERY sweet! ;)



We decided to go with Porter Paint's Charleston Blue on the walls & Buckwheat on the ceiling (this is the same yellow we have in the playroom too). In the bathroom the walls are buckwheat & the ceiling is blue.





Pretty bare, huh?

Our one BIG spurge was on the custom, wooden plantation shutters...with a paint called Charleston Blue, it just seemed "fittin" to have the real thing on the windows! The bedding came from Private Quarters (but the accent pillows all came from TJ Maxx). I had a party with them & got my bedding for a steal! We also have their famous SPA SHEETS on our bed...they are TDF...absolutely TDF! I bought them for Christmas gifts a couple of years ago for my sister & my mother in law...they STILL swoon & carry on about them when they're brought up...they are FABULOUS!!



I'm hoping to get the kids pictures done this fall & have them put up on that wall by the treadmill. Other than that, I don't have any plans back there yet...until inspiration strikes, I guess I'll just leave it as it is.

I'm so glad you stopped by to visit. Be sure & check out all the other other fabulous master bedrooms being shared today over on Kelly's Korner!

We are heading out this afternoon to Arkansas to spend the weekend with our good pals, Sharae & Charlie! I'll be back to blogging on Monday & I'm sure I'll have a ton of pictures to share...Sharae & I will have dueling cameras going all weekend long...no one is safe...haha! ;)

Have a fantastic weekend!

~ mandy

12 comments:

Lauren said...

Pretty bedding, and I love your plantation shutters!

Christa said...

Love the colors and your bedding!

Angie said...

I had to quickly add you to my fav's last week after seeing the playroom. Your style is one after my own heart. I love the mixture of colors and textures. Blue is certainly calling out to me, which quite different for me.

Messy Jessy said...

I like the ceiling!

Kristi said...

i love the colors in your room! they make the room stand out!

The Pilston's said...

Love the pillows and colors!

ButterYum said...

Stunning furniture... I love the chair!

Nancy said...

WOW!!! It looks like a magazine room!! LOVE IT!! Wonderful job :)

blessedmomto7 said...

VERY PRETTY ROOM GIRL! LOVE your style!

Melissa Stover said...

beautiful, rich color! so nice.

Anonymous said...

beautiful bedding & love your room! this looks like a fun thing to jump in and participate in - I may have to check it out next week!

thanks for visiting my blog & commenting!

you know...you could always use a wall vinyl to pretty up those walls ;) (just a little shamelses plug) hope you have a great week!

jodi
www.back40life.com

Jessica said...

Love your room and your colors!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...