Friday, June 19, 2009

Let's PLAY!


Today is share your Laundry or Playroom on Kelly's Korner!

Over the past few months, I've been working on our playroom. I can't believe it...but it's been MONTHS AGO, that I made a few things with my beloved sock monkey fabrics & promised to share when everything was done....I am SOOOO happy that it's all finally done!

My kids love to be downstairs with us, but the MESS was driving me INSANE!! Our playroom is upstairs where all the kid's rooms are, but I tried to create a room that we ALL want to hang out. Now that it's done, we are up there ALL the time...yes, even Daddy P...after the blue-ray player got put in, he's up there watching movies every chance he gets! ;)

Let's go up to the playroom...up the back stairs.
I LOVE to come in from the garage & catch a peek of my favorite faces up there!





Come on in & play!

I decided to stick with a theme of denim (easy to clean) & red (some polka dots) & sock monkeys. Most of the black frames contain their art work from school or photos that I have taken of my kids.





I begged & begged Daddy P to get us the beautiful bookcase from Pottery Barn Kids, but he would NOT budge! He has a friend who plays with wood & had him build cabinets for us...it took NINE MONTHS...but I can't say enough about how much I LOVE them (& the built in desk he added). They are exactly what I wanted & worth the wait (even if it was a brutal, long wait). ;)



I'm still filling the shelves...mostly with art work by the kids, trinkets that have a story & photos of people we love.







The back side of the room is full of books, comfy chairs, more art work, more pictures & the art table & supplies. I recently took the closet door off & sprayed it with chalk board paint...I LOVE the result & the kids have about worn that door out drawing & playing tic tac toe!!







I decided to try something different with some of the matted art I had, instead of frames I put Velcro on the back that way I can change them out easily. It works so far. I also LOVE old, old toys...I can't remember where this little wooden desk came from, but it's one of my FAVORITE pieces up here (next to the little polka dotty rocker that I found for $20 at Big Lots)!





So, that's the playroom...I'm glad you stopped by to play!

Do hop over to Kelly's Korner & check out the other beautiful laundry rooms & playrooms being shared today. I would LOVE to see yours too! :)

Happy Friday...

I'll be back this weekend to share pictures of my little birthday girl! :)

~ mandy


13 comments:

Avery & Hailey said...

I LOVE YOUR PLAYROOM! I really like the idea of putting chalkboard paint on the door like that. We have a small door to the attic in our little playroom and I may do that if the hubs will let me! HA! Wonderful room. Great job!!

motherof3fellows said...

I LOVE the built in's. It looks just like the PBK's. I do love that space you have up there, you have done alot since we were there. Looks great.

Bethany and crew said...

WOW!! I think that is just about the best room I have ever seen!! The colors, the built-ins, photos, chalkboard door- WOW!! And I could go on and on. LOVE this room- job very well done!!

Kim Sue said...

what I love is all those wonderfu photographs...I should frame more of mine!

Jodee Leader said...

I love your family room! I especially love the built ins!

Tori said...

Love, love this room!! Great job

Tara G. said...

Oh my goodness, it's the best I've seen yet!! LOVE IT!!!

Mandy said...

Thank you for your kind words. You are all very sweet.

Y'all come on over & play any time you like! :)

Kether said...

LOVE it!!!
the colors, the art, everything.
I really like those big metal bins labled for things.
and your cabinet looks so PB. Its just beautiful!

Thanks for inviting me in!

Amanda said...

I love the wall color (and the whole room!) Do you happen to know the name of the color? I'm doing something very similar for our living room. I was wondering if it's the same color! I love it! Thanks for the tour.

Mandy said...

Thank you. :)

I got those buckets from a friend's 31 party, but you can probably do them yourself much CHEAPER than I paid for those.

I really like the wall color too, I have it all through the upstairs. It's called Buckwheat by Porter Paints.

Thanks for visiting! :)

Christa said...

What a neat room! I love all the pictures and the colors you used!

Kristi said...

what a great playroom! i wish we had one like that as kids!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...