Tuesday, June 30, 2009

I must be getting soft...

in my old age.

I am so incredibly ANTI-character...I do LOVE movie & toy characters, but just not on my kids bedding & clothes (well, jammies are fine, & t-shrts are ok too...).
Miss O & I have been at battle over her bedroom for months now!
For her birthday, she asked to have new bedroom goodies & I was thrilled & excited because I was thinking something FABULOUS & classy like this...


or this one...


Ah, or even this...



But, alas....
I should have known that SHE would have something else in mind...lately we are NOT on the same page & I'm having to start digging deep to let her make her own choices a little & be her own person.
Boy, that's hard sometimes.

So, after 20 minutes of begging & pleading & promising to make her bed EVERY DAY...I gave in & bought this...

UGH!!!!!
Thankfully, it's horrible quality & will be in shreds within a year.
But the funny thing was this morning, when she got up...she SHOWERED, dressed & had that bedroom spit-spot before coming downstairs.

Apparently, this new decision making independence becomes her! ;)

Happy Tuesday!
~ mandy



3 comments:

Jess said...

I FEEL YOUR PAIN. Sippy cups, underwear, and maybe bike helmets. That's it. But really...not so bad. A happy medium. :)

Kim Sue said...

you are better than I am....I might have gone for some sheets!

Jodee Leader said...

I also feel your pain! I only allow character underwear at my house!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...