Friday, April 10, 2009

Rougher or More Rough?

Seriously, either one will do here...

As I was hoping yesterday's ROUGHness would taper off after lunch...unfortunately, it was pretty much a repeat of my morning! I made the mistake of turning on the local news at lunch time & ended up crying at the kitchen counter over the coverage of our beloved local anchorman Dan Miller...oh, so sad...such a good man!

The kids came home from school & since the weather was so nice, we were right outside enjoying it! They had originally wanted to play "Egg Hunt" (the game which involves me hiding empty eggs & they practice hunting...good, cheap fun)...But, when we went to get some eggs...someone had beat us to it! UGH!! (SEE why we call him Sneaky E?!?!)




Oh, that little biscuit!!



So, we're off to play outside...everyone enjoying the weather...

UNTIL...

like something out of a Tom & Jerry cartoon...Miss O comes bolting through the yard and steps on a SHOVEL that someone has left out (don't ask)...steps on the end & the wood handle comes flying up & CRACKS her on the forehead!!!!!

Unbelievable!

And of course we have TEAM PICTURES for Swim League that night (and I did find the purple shirt)...so, she went sporting an Easter Egg sized KNOT on her face!!



Boy, was I happy to see this...
Whew! What a crazy day!

On the BRIGHTER side...day two of wearing my new FITFLOPS...

Day one...

I wore them ALL DAY (even though the tags say "wear them GRADUALLY") & I felt like I had gone to the Zoo & walked it all day barefoot! My legs were EXHAUSTED!

Day two (yesterday) was better, but legs were still tired & happy to be climbing under the covers at bedtime. I haven't noticed visible results, of course...I'll keep them on & keep you posted! :) In the mean time, I discovered TONS of them on Ebay & snagged another pair for $21 yesterday! Woot!!

We're getting ready to get out & run errands, then off to see the new Hanna Montana movie this afternoon! I'm going to take the weekend off from blogging, but will be back with bunny tales on Sunday night or early Monday.

Hope everyone has a beautiful Easter Weekend!

~mandy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...