Thursday, April 30, 2009

Mockery...

You know, every day my husband comes home from work telling about the various (impressive) procedures that he's done...how he's changed some one's life by fixing their smile. He LOVES his job and the fact that he can help improve some one's self esteem...I LOVE that he loves his job and am very proud of the way he values each person who passes through his office...he says he is going to treat you like family and he really & truly does.

However,
by the time he's finished telling about his day...there's not a single word that I can say that will top it. I don't even bother trying. And sometimes I suspect that he might be mocking me, because he can look around the downstairs & very plainly see what I DID NOT accomplish that day...

So, I have to remind myself (er, often) that where I don't have the public recognition & approval that I used to have as a teacher...I really DO love MY job & I REALLY am changing some one's life, just by being in it consistently...loving them, caring for them, playing with them...

Some days it's unbelievably hard work!

Some days I want to run away from home...

but, most days my crazy life goes pretty much like this...

















And,
I
wouldn't
trade it
for
the
WORLD! ;)

Happy Thursday!

~ mandy

1 comment:

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Mandy,
That looks like a pretty perfect life to me! I got my camera strap! I LOVE it! Thanks so much for including the extra one for a giveaway. I'll email you when we post it and link to you. Thank you!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...