Friday, March 6, 2009

Once Upon a Time...

Life is like a storybook, really...

I'm seeing that as I get older you just have to embrace change. Nothing stays the same, no matter what. I wish this was something that I learned as a child so that I could have been looking at each phase of my life like it was a NEW, Exciting adventure...instead of CLINGING to "right now". But, I think I'm not the only person like that.



And like all storybooks, the pages will turn. Graduation, weddings, birth, birthdays, kids starting school...pretty soon you can look back at your life & see it divided into CHAPTERS. I have just finished with a chapter in my life recently....I guess since I have a birthday coming up, I'm a little wishy washy thinking about the things I have accomplished in my life so far & wanted to blog about it.



Once upon a time...I used to be a school teacher. I taught first grade and then also second grade. I left it behind to become a mommy and raise a family. I don't know if that part of my life is over forever, because I LOVED teaching school and I might go back one day (alas making that chapter "to be continued")...but when (if) I do, that's going to be yet ANOTHER chapter & I'm sure will be totally different than before.



When I first started college, I was majoring in FASHION MERCHANDISING! I really wanted to be a BUYER for a big store chain & travel to shows & be in charge of displays, etc, etc....I ended up changing my major to education when someone proposed. ;) I decided that I wanted him and I wanted a family more.



But, it's funny how things have a way of working out. When Miss O was almost 2 I got a sewing machine for Christmas. We were in the Air Force at the time & the pay is not super grand, so I decided to teach my thrifty self how to sew to save money on clothes for her (because HECK, a gal has got to have a closet full you know!)...;) I ended up learning to sew very well (genetic, I think) and designing lots of fun things for her to priss around in through toddler hood & her pre-school years. Upon finding ebay boutiques I started making things for her & then offering one as a custom to pay for my supplies...



Anyway, it was tons of fun & I've met some friends that I adore...but...now...my little precious is growing up & she would rather wear Hanna Montana garbage off the rack at Target, my boys are growing & busy...everything is just more BUSY now & I'm having a hard time turning the page on my one true love...(crafting, designing, sewing...ahhhhhh).



I don't know, maybe it's just getting older you just realize how little time we really have & I surely don't want to waste a minute of it! I guess this is just going to be another chapter in my life that for right now ends with "To Be Continued"....;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...