Wednesday, December 24, 2008

T'was the Night Before Christmas

and all through the house...Whew!

Wow, I can't believe it's Christmas Eve already!
We are as ready as we're going to be...the gifts are bought & wrapped, cookies are cooling & ready for decorating...Little E is napping while the O's play quietly in their rooms. In a few short hours we will be celebrating with family and getting ready for Santa to come visit our house!

I am about to sit down with my bible and some hot chocolate and re-read one of my favorite stories...The Birth of Jesus, The Christmas Story. I wanted to blog real quick to wish everyone a VERY Merry Christmas and to share these adorable pictures that I found (on the computer, gasp...digi) of Big O at his pre-school Christmas program...the year he learned to re-tell that incredible story about Jesus' birth....



We had this beautiful glass nativity set that one of my students had given me for Christmas and Big O loved to sit by the hearth and move the figures around and play...



We had been reading about the Baby Jesus and he was really very interested this story...
One day I came through the living room putting away laundry and I heard him telling the story and moving the figures around. I was SO, so proud & impressed with my brilliant, first born, four year old son!!



Well, the day went on & he moved the story to the counter in the kitchen at lunch time and continued to play and retell...
When all of the sudden, out of no where...MARY jumped off the counter and shattered on the tile floor below!!

Oh, my word...the squallin!
That poor boy was devastated!!



I consoled him and assured him that it was an accident & that everything was fine.
He recovered.

The next day he was back at it...playing with the little glass figures and retelling the story.
I stopped what I was doing to listen.
He told the story all the way through, but NEVER mentioned Mary!!

I jumped in to make sure she didn't get left out by saying "but what about Mary, Jesus' mommy?"...
and he looked at me with these sweet, innocent pre-school eyes and so casually said "oh, (pause) she died" & turned back to his story....

I had...no words! ;)



I believe I'll go enjoy the real story of Jesus & his Mommy...;)

I do hope that YOU have a VERY Merry Christmas Eve & Day!

2 comments:

KarenM said...

Merry Christmas Mandy!!

Jenn said...

I've SO enjoyed your Christmas posts :) All the sweet pictures of your lovely kids through the years...so many memories you have! Thanks for sharing them with us!

Merry Christmas to your family!!

take a bow Jenn

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...