Tuesday, December 23, 2008

SEW insane...

Good Golly, it's been busy!
I sewed myself silly this weekend trying to knock down some handmade gifts! I'm almost done, just a couple more scarves & an apron...alllllmost there! ;)

I DID find pictures of Big O from the Glass Nativity story, but need to scan them (told you, no digi)...I'll share them for sure because he looks SO very similar to another little blond headed boy I share pics of from time to time...you almost can't tell them apart!

Last night the hubby & I went out on a little holiday date (aka child free) & had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory (yum) and did a bit of last second shopping. I was tickled to finally get my mitts on this PILLOW for Big O's Star Wars bedroom...



it was on BACK ORDER for two months & every time I went to the store they were sold out...he'll be excited because it was the ONE thing from the entire collection that he wanted. (I'll share pics of the entire gig whenever I finally get it put together).

Anyway, here are the goods from my weekend sewing spree...
You might remember me telling about the little "Sally" doll that Miss O & I made this fall...
http://littlepreciousboutique.blogspot.com/2008/11/sew-crafty-lately.html

Well, I decided to make one for my little niece, Drew:



However, Miss O was SO beside herself over it that I began to fear that my OLDER niece (she's 9) would get her feelings hurt if she didn't get one too...

So, I made this one for Mel...



the next thing I know, I'm having to LOCK UP the sewing room to keep my own three kids away from these cuties (even my BOYS were tore up with them)...and that's when I realized that I had better make one for my nephew too. He's in kindergarten this year & will probably think it's the stupidest thing EVER...but I would take that a million times over him being hurt because I didn't make him one too, KWIM!

So, here are the girls with Braden's super cool boy doll! ;)



are they not the cutest things!!??!
I think I am going to have to make one just to keep him my sewing room...they are so sweet & I feel all happy seeing them smile at me whenever I walk in here...LOL!



I've got one more doll to finish & some scarves and an apron for the big Christmas Eve Bingo night at my mother-in-law's...WHEW...better get busy before little E gets up this morning!

Have a super Tuesday, I'll share those sweet shots of Big O next time. :)

1 comment:

KarenM said...

OMGoodness, those dolls are adorable! The one for your nephew is my fav. :) What pattern are you using?? Cute faces too!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...