Friday, December 19, 2008

Beauty School Drop-Out...

The kids had their Christmas parties at school this morning...WHEW!
I flipped a gazillion red & green pancakes in first grade & then ran down to fifth grade to party with them...THANK GOODNESS for Nana! Had I brought E with me, I would FOR SURE have lost my mind!

So, here we are HOME for Christmas Break...the weather is GLORIOUS & the kids are playing outside while Sneaky E steals a few winks upstairs!
Only five shopping days left...you can FEEL the craziness in the air out in town...folks are STRESSING!!

and Speaking of Holiday CRAZINESS....back to that horrible HAIR story!





Miss O was a Beauty School Drop-Out, Christmas 2006!





Here we were...CHRISTMAS EVE DAY...doing our traditional baking & decorating cookies to leave out for Santa that night. Miss O & I had a disagreement...who knows what it was about, probably over the cookies she had snuck & ate...LOL! She threw the biggest fit over whatever it was...certainly a classic scene for a sleep deprived, sugar induced pre-schooler like herself.

I was SO proud, I did not lose it...I did NOT spank her...I simply I sent her to her room to take a time out & think over her undesired behavior! A TANTRUM, on Christmas Eve day...tisk...doesn't she KNOW Santa is watching!?!?

Five minutes later, I was still patting myself on the back & mentally thinking of a good title for the parenting book that obviously thought I should write...when I heard her coming up the hall...with SIX INCHES of blond hair in her little hand!

It was 12:23 pm on Christmas Eve day & EVERY beautician in town had closed up shop for the holidays...I sat down at the kitchen table and BAWLED like a baby!!!
Luckily, our sweet friend Mary (a former beautician) was out & had her scissors with her...she came over and saved the day! Thank you, Mary...we love you!! :)



The next thing I know...the little gal looked just like a Campbell's Soup Kid & I loved absolutely it! She was QUITE the talk that year...everyone was surprised, but loving her fun new do!





Ah...I'm so loving these Christmas memories!
Yesterday while E was playing with the Little People Nativity set...(aka "Beebe Beezus" as he says), I was thinking about the year that Big O was retelling the Christmas Story with that glass nativity set we had...LOL...oh, poor MARY!!

I'll see if I can find some pictures of that one to share...
To Be Continued (again). ;)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...