Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Sew Crafty Lately...

THREE really great things happened on Monday!

First my beloved mailman pulled up to the door (instead of stopping down at the mailbox...this means PACKAGES)...he & I went to high school together, it's always nice to have a chat with an old friend!
I was delighted to see that he brought me TWO very exciting things!

First, my Mama Precious woven labels...I got these to use on my aprons & camera straps that I am working on here in my little bitty "studio"....they turned out even better than I expected, *sigh* I was SEW in love! ;)



Second, my new book purchase arrived...Seams to Me by the amazing Anna Maria Horner! She is a whirlwind of inspiration...I ADORE her new fabric line!



The cover & pages were just filled with crafty eye candy...and even better, because I ordered from her site mine arrived AUTOGRAPHED!!! (what a treat!)



The weather was GLORIOUS & the kids were playing together SO well (how often do I get that combo!?!)...I curled up in a high back chair & devoured that crafty goodness right there on the spot!



Reading about all that delicious crafting really got me excited!!! The next thing I know, it's time for E's nap...Big O is playing the Wii, and Miss O & I went to work on a MAJOR crafting frenzy! I found this ADORABLE Softie Doll free tutorial on the wonderful Nicole Owens' blog 60piggies...



Miss O & I just had to try our hand at making one (ok, it was mostly ME doing the making...but she did help quite a bit). ;) She wanted one that would look TDF on her bed, matching her special quilt...so, meet "Sally"...isn't she a cutie!?!



I am thinking about making a few of these cute dolls for my nieces for Christmas, they are really fun!

Next on my crafting list is decoupaged FABRIC tubs for my sewing room, idea compliments of Sandi Henderson the Portabellopixie (aren't they just YUMMY...just like her fabric...it's SO delish)! ;)



And, lastly (ok, I guess that's four great things...not just three...LOL)...CWDKids (one of my FAVORITE places to shop) is featuring Miss O as Pinkalicious on their blog today!
Now, HOW cool is that!

Happy Wednesday!

1 comment:

Kim Sue said...

those dolls are just so stinkin cue who wouldn't want one of those to match their quilt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...