Friday, October 24, 2008

Traveling Back in Time...

We totally took a visit back in time yesterday...
Miss O went on a super fun field trip to Traveler's Rest...it was such an incredibly beautiful morning! For it to be FALL, I could NOT get over the vibrant shades of GREEN all over the beautiful yard surrounding the house...it was amazing!







We visited the Plantation on their Trade Days & got to see 19th Century Craftsmen in action!





We saw how food was prepared over an open fire & got to help make soap!





(and then suddenly I was distracted again by the AMAZING Green leaves above me...it was so enchanting!)



We got to grind corn, practice penmanship with feathers & watch as baskets were woven!







We also saw wool being turned into yarn & watched as they dyed it over an open fire using berries for coloring (the only thing missing was the lamb, which would have been an excellent addition for the kids to see WHERE that pile of fluff came from).





We ended our trip with a visit to the little pumpkin patch, where Miss O took her time choosing the perfect little baby pumpkin. ;)



I know I was NOT the only one who was exhausted at the end of the day...WHEW! It was a GREAT little trip & we learned a lot of neat things, I'm so glad I was able to go!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...