Monday, April 14, 2008

One Proud Mama!

I am so proud of my oldest son, Owen. He has such a kind, loving heart. He would empty our pantry to someone in need without the first thought of what he would eat after it was gone...he CRIES over sappy "save the animals" commercials (ok, I do that too)...he is your classic hero & defender of the underdog! I love him with all my heart!
He was recently assigned a project at school about Serving Others (aka...do a good deed for someone). The list of suggestions were things that he practices DAILY for other people really, so he wanted to do something a little bit different. Because he still remembers kids in his class who had deployed parents, we decided to support our armed forces and the website www.anysoldier.com. Owen used his BIRTHDAY money to buy items to send, drew pictures & even asked our family & friends to help him out. He was so excited that so many people stopped by this weekend to bring items for him to include in his care boxes! Here are a few pictures from our gathering of items, thank you so much guys for all of your help!


3 comments:

motherof2fellows said...

Oh, that is so awesome, Give Owen a kiss from us. Carson has that Darth vador shirt, CWD kids!!! I'm still checking Disney sites. Love ya, Sharae

Amy said...

Awww, what a sweetie! That's really cool:)

Heather said...

I am so proud of that boy! I hope my boys grow kind hearts as they get older...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...