Thursday, November 29, 2007

To FISH, or not to FISH...


THAT is the question....
My sweet, sweet husband is pondering over taking his big fishing trip next year... Pondering , YES...should I go, should I not go....he just can't decide & I will tell you why in one word...*GUILT*....this year it was SO hard on me being home ALONE for EIGHT miserable days with THREE kids....so TRES NOT FUN!
For the past couple of years my husband has had the opportunity to take this incredible trip to ALASKA for an ALL GUY Fishing Trip with some of his Arkansas pals! I absolutely LOVE for him to go (I REALLY DO), because he works SO hard & never makes time for himself. He is an all out workaholic (slash) family man.
That reminds me, we watched the Nicholas Cage movie Family Man during Thanksgiving. This is one of my MOST FAVORITE Nicolas Cage movies...and I can remember when I first watched it, our two children were about the same age as the two in the moive & DH was SO totally consumed with finishing school & life was really sorta stressful back then (ok, life was WAY stressful & money was WAY tight...it was all very exhausting)... & I can remember just WISHING for that life...one where we were just completely content with us, our kids, our family...
Well, I found myself watching this movie through a new pair of eyes...it's so funny how you feel about things at one point & then suddenly things are so different years later. I spent most of the evening with my mouth hanging open & my heart about to burst...this MAN that I am married to completely TOPS Nicholas Cage's character in EVERY way! I cannot put into words how LUCKY I am to be married to him! He lives & breathes his FAMILY! He works like a maniac to HELP OTHERS & provide us with a WONDERFUL life, thinks nothing of himself...I just cannot find the words to describe how much I love this man!
So, back to the fishing trip....sure it was hard on me & I worry myself SICK about him the entire time...but, I LOVE to see him excited about doing something for himself...I LOVE to see these incredible pictures that he takes while he is there, I LOVE these comptelely STUPID trinkets that he brings back from his trip for me & the kids...and most of all I LOVE to be in his arms at the airport with his scruffy chin brushing my cheeks & inhaling his stinky fish smelling clothes when he gets home, KNOWING that he is all recharged & ready to go back to being my FAMILY MAN!
I really don't think there is anything to ponder about here, do you?!!?
Call Charlie, you retard!
You're going!
because I said so & I love you!! ;)

1 comment:

motherof2fellows said...

I love the trinket part!!! By the way what have you done with your sheepskin rug??? Mine is setting in the garage so the dogs can lay on it,Oh and it was good for my knees when I was painting the baby furniture!!! I do love that movie also,I totaly know what you mean,I will have the THREE kid thing going on next year!!! They do have Fun, we need to plan us a 8 day trip somewhere.Yeah right like we would do that!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...