Monday, July 2, 2007

My Heroes have always been Cowboys...

Since I have been on vactation from sewing, this summer I have been trying to finish up some projects around our new house. One goal that I have had was to finish decorating Evan's colorful little cowboy bedroom (almost done), another was to get my scrapbooking updated (um, still haven't started...ack!).

While I was lost in a sea of photos recently, I found this picture to use in both my scrapbooking AND in Evan's cowboy bedroom. He LOVES Owen, total hero worship here! After I got the print framed up & finished, I called Owen into Evan's room & asked him to try & find Evan's FAVORITE part of his newly decorated bedroom. It took him a second or two, but he finally ran up on the picture of him decked out in fully cowboy attire. My heart did a flip-flop seeing that slow smile come over his face. He loves Evan probably more than Evan loves him!

This Cowboy outfit was Owen's Halloween costume when he was in kindergarten (and I still have it, hanging in Evan's little closet right now). He and Olivia were Cowboy/Cowgirl for Halloween that year, they were SO cute together that year (I need to scan those & share them too)!
I'll try to get some pictures of the newly decorated bedrooms & post them soon. :)

1 comment:

motherof2fellows said...

Mandy,
I remember Owen in his Cowboy costume! Olivia and him were precious...
I want to see some pictures of the cowboy room,you know we are total cowboy fans here. If this little Bryant baby is a boy,he's getting a cowboy room also. I would love to get some ideas. Oh,I'm lucky because I get to see it in person!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...